CBP, Office of Finance
B&A has supported IBM since October 2001 as its primary subcontractor in an effort to streamline CBP's Office of Finance financial processes. During this time, legacy purchasing, asset acquisition, materials management, plant maintenance systems were migrated into SAP.
Other notable accomplishments of this project include:
- facilitating the migration to SAP from many levels to provide the best solution
- instituting change management to ease the transition from the current process to SAP
- adhering to Capability Maturity Model Level II Standards [CMM Level II] to make certain that customized configurations, objects, and programs met BCBP's requirements
- implementing the Ascendant SAP Methodology for communicating and managing business requirements among the SAP team
- developing Web-based training for the more than 2,000 expected users of the SAP system.
B&A has provided SAP experience to this project in the following areas:
- Program Management
- ABAP/4 development (interfaces, conversions, reports, enhancements)
- Business Warehouse
- Materials Management